Well, it's not really the end… because I AM BACK!!
Soooo much has happened in the last year and half that may or may not get a separate post… but I feel the need to have this "catch up" post. Just in case anyone out there is reading this and is DYING to know what possibly could have happened in the last year and a half… Here are the big things:
1) DARCY HAS A BROTHER!!! Meet Sir Dashwood of Norland Bark, or Dash, a wild Wire Fox Terrier who bounces until he is ready to cuddle and then he gets up to bounce more.
2) One of my favorite things that happened this past year was one of the most random and best decisions of my life. I started and completed the writing program and Chicago's "The Second City" (where Tina Fey, Steve Carrell, etc. trained and performed). This was such a beautiful adventure and honestly one of my favorite things that I've ever done. It was also the most likely reason that I stopped writing in the blog (besides dissertation) because in doing the writing program, I had a unique opportunity to fulfill my need for creative writing. It was glorious, despite missing my little blog.
|Some of my writer friends after our shows|
3) This basically goes with number 2… but I helped write and produce a show at The Second City, and it was scary and exciting and hysterical and many, many more things. I am so grateful for all of the awesomely talented people I met through this process.
|I was the "graphic designer" for our programs and posters|
|Performing the song I wrote! :)|
4) I proposed my dissertation AND PASSED! (Unfortunately, I still have to defend. However, proposing is a huge step in the process!)
|I had just found out I passed my dissertation proposal!|
5) I applied to many internship sites as a part of my final year of classes for my doctorate, AND I was blessed to receive many interviews, too! Which then meant that I got to travel all over the U.S. and meet new people and try to sound smart in interviews.
6) This is probably the biggest update of all… I MATCHED TO A WONDERFUL SITE! This process is the equivalent to the med school residency, and it is basically out of your hands once you rank sites and they rank you… until match day… at which point I found out that I matched at THE UNIVERSITY OF MAINE COUNSELING CENTER!!!!
|My second day on the job with fellow interns Nate and Gunnar!|
|My first lobster!|
|Sand Beach at Acadia National Park|
That about sums up the biggest bits of news that I can think of… except for one more bit of news that I will share soon! Until then, it is good to be back.
Long lost Miranda