Saturday, September 29, 2012

Darcy's great chase...



Hi blog world!  
I’m Lady Darcy of Pemberley, and my human is letting me take over today.  Basically, she will let me do anything I want from now on… I think because I just won a game of chase.  You see, today we were walking around my favorite grassy area and that crazy lady of mine kept yelling “fetch” and throwing the bouncy round ball thing in front of my face.  I ran next to it a few times, but then I looked at her to see if she would go get it.  It’s really a fun game.  She always brings it back to me. 

Well, one of these times I was running alongside the bouncy ball when all of a sudden I get a whiff of that heavenly aroma of SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!  And let me tell you, nothing, I mean NOTHING smells as wonderful.  I look up ahead and I see it:  the most smelly and furry little critter just standing on the sidewalk waiting for me to come play…. And then what does he do?  He turns and runs.  Obnoxious. So what do I do?  I run as fast as I can after him, of course!!!!  He would be SOOOO much more fun to play with then that bouncy ball thing. 

So here I am running with my long necklace (mom calls it a "leash," I call it bling) trailing behind… and I hear my human yelling “STOP!! WAIT!  STOOOOP WAIT!!! DARCY!  STOP!!!”  I don’t really know what those words mean, and honestly, I didn’t care at the moment.  All I could think about was SQUIRRRRREEELLLL!!!!! 


So I am running across that dark flat area with the yellow lines on it, and all of a sudden, there are those big animals with the round legs that roll like the ball coming from both directions.  Well, who cares?  They should just back off.  That squirrel is MINE!  Next thing I know, the biggest one of those animals I’ve ever seen get’s right up on me and stops suddenly with it’s round leg right next to me and it squeals loudly, and I turn around and yell “BACK AWAY!! THAT SQUIRREL IS MINNNNE!!!”  (Mom says it sounded more like I yelled “YELP!!!” but whatever).  Then, I turn back around… and the squirrel is GONE.  And all those big animals are still stopped and staring at me…. And here comes my crazy human screaming and waving her paws as she runs out in front of all the big animals!  Well, it looked to me like she wanted to play a game of chase too..... sooooo I ran.  And ran.  And ran.  As fast as I could.  I even ran back across in front of the big animals AGAIN, and she still yelped and screamed and waved those weird paws of her’s.  Sometimes I stopped and looked at her, because let’s face it…. She really isn’t all that fast.  But then I would start running again every time she got close until I finally made it home. 

And basically, that was the weirdest game of tag I’ve ever played.  And since we’ve been home, my human keeps wiping her paws across her face to catch all the water leaking from her eyes.  She also keeps touching me and kissing me and feeling all my bones for some reason.  And then her eyes leak some more and she makes really weird squeaky sounds.  I try to ignore her, but she just won’t leave me alone.  

Oh well…. At least she’s giving me lots of treats!

Wags and wiggles,
Lady Darcy of Pemberley 
    




6 comments:

Meadows said...

Dear Lady Darcy, Squirrels are highly over-rated! Please don't chase after them any more!
Love, Gram

Abigail said...

Oh Miranda,

That is horrible, I've had that nightmare but luckily never had Pippi run out into the road.

Abigail

Miranda said...

Abigail, It was SO upsetting! I still keep feeling her legs and body to make sure she's okay. I'm probably getting a little irritating. :) I hope Pippi never does that, and that Darcy never does it again! Those Scotties and their love of squirrels. ;)

Mikelle Jade {The Honeypie Archives} said...

haha oh Darcy, how funny you are. Sorry you didn't get your squirrel, but next time don't run away from the big animals so fast :)

This is really cute.

Melanie N. Brasher said...

Really cute, Miranda! Thanks so much for visiting my blog last week. It's so fun to "meet" you!

Miranda said...

Melanie, Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad to "meet" you too! :) I can't wait to read more from your blog!