Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall adventures... so far

I'm very grateful for the blessing of time with friends and family in the midst of my super busy semester.  Here are some photos (and semi-brief captions) of my Fall adventures so far.  
Enjoy! :)

A pumpkin carving night with sweet friends...


Can you guess which is mine?  









My first trip apple picking!  (Sadly, all the Honey Crisps were gone... and they are my favorite)




A brief trip home during my fall break to throw a lingerie shower for my Best Friend... I didn't have much time with my family, but on the way to the shower, my mom and sister stopped by the pumpkin patch with me.  We took a couple of photos with the sunflowers before I had to be on my way...
I missed going with the whole Rutherford clan, though!





 The lingerie shower!  
I made a sparkly bra for Best Friend to wear as the guest of honor.  :)




Precious high school friends were able to come to the shower, and it was SO fun to see them!



Oh, you know... just being a mechanic since my mom's car wouldn't start the morning after I spent the night with the bride-to-be... Us girls totally handled the situation, though... don't let the green and polka dotted pj's fool ya.  




A more traditional shower for the bride-to-be... and more special friend time!



My future brother... :)





A very, VERY quick trip to Birmingham with my sister... during which I was able to see a few of my most precious friends (the Beaty girls and "bffae" Amy!), along with another of my dearest friends Rachel. What a huge blessing to see her AND meet her less than 2 weeks old baby boy, Bear.  Such a treasured time!  And thank goodness I got to see the growing and beautiful big sister AnnaBelle, too!
(and I'm so glad my sister was on hand with her camera to capture these sweet moments)












All in all, Fall is turning out to be a special time with the ones I love most, near and far.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Mrs. Kee said...

Your scottie pumpkin is awesome!!! How in the world did you do that?!

Miranda said...

Haha thanks so much! :) Honestly, I just pulled up a picture of a scottie silhouette, and just started cutting on the pumpkin.... and crossed my fingers that it would look like a scottie when I finished! :)

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

Miranda!! I couldn't find an email for you, but we so enjoyed meeting you at the bookstore the other night! Ethan and I waited for a bit because you were just so nice! If you are ever looking to babysit a bunch of boys, let me now! Happy I can keep up with you here!!

Michelle