Thursday, June 2, 2011

Smooth criminal...



Yep.  That's the look.  The intent flirtatious gaze, round eyes begging for attention...




Well, don't let it fool you for a second.  Those puppy eyes belong to Lady Darcy of Pemberley, the hardened criminal.



That's right... you read correctly.  Today, June 2, 2011, she used her powers for evil.  Sweet little Darcy used those big brown eyes and that immense cuteness to flirt her way through PetSmart (it gets better...).  She was the recipient of at least 6 treats from every PetSmart worker she met.  All it took was one touch of the large nose to a leg, a wiggly behind that she lovingly allowed everyone to scratch, and then a precious little "plop" onto the ground in her most adorable sitting position, head cocked and mouth ready for her reward.  She waved, high fived, and even danced... anything to get treats.  But that's not all.... 


Little did I know, she had a bigger plans for our outing.... As I loaded up the car with our dog food and new bottle of shampoo (after spending ample time with the cashier so that Darcy could flirt her way into a few more treats for the road...), I looked into our shopping cart (or buggy, as I would say down South) to find a large bag of treats.......


that we did NOT pay for.....


(and the plot thickens.)


We are criminals.
**this is me shrinking in shame** 


Sooooo... as soon as I realized what we had done, I rushed back inside, Darcy prancing closely at my side (excited, no doubt, to get a few more treats and rubs from whosoever would look her way), and I nervously laughed as I handed the bag to the cashier... mumbling things like "I'm so so so sooo sorry" or "I can't believe I stole something" or "we are such criminals" or "I think Darcy did it, not me." 


Fortunately, the cashier just laughed and thanked us for returning.  We paid for the bag, did a few more tricks for treats (well, Darcy did anyway), and walked back out to the car probably looking guilty and ashamed.... I know my tail was between my legs  (because yes... I admit it.  I put the treats in the cart..... but I was distracted by Darcy's cuteness, too, okay??  Do you know how hard it is to live with someone so popular and fun and adorable?  So really, she is still responsible, right???).


 This wink is very suspicious, don't you think?

3 comments:

AMKreations said...

LOL...great wink! =)

I think I've been there before...except with children. Things can hide in unsuspecting places...and I think that if we go back, they obviously know our intent was not thievery! =)

thevangelders.com said...

I'm going to sound harsh here but I don't take Pippi in with me anymore. It takes too long! Every little girl dreamed about having a Scottie once, at least it seams that way. They get so much attention and are usually better behaved than other dogs it just turns into a show. I want to get in and out.


Abigail

scottiechronicles said...

Oh dear. But really, how can you ignore a beauty like Darcy? I get the royal treatment, too, sometimes because I look so different. But Darcy, well, she's a real cutie.

At least you found the treats before you got home and had to go all the way back!

Rooooo! Stuart