Monday, May 30, 2011

Becoming grateful... the gift of sacrifice

Memorial Day.
A day to remember.  
To remember the high calling of those who 
have served, 
are serving, 
and will serve
 our country through the armed forces.  
A day to reflect on the sacrifices made daily by many, 
especially the greatest sacrifice that one can make: 
giving up one's life for others.




Immense love shown through great sacrifice, 
reflecting the sacrifice of the One who loves more deeply than all others.  
The One who served God and others, 
modeling a servant's heart for those who follow.
The One undeserving of death yet willing, all the same, to die for the undeserving.
The One who portrays the true meaning of sacrifice.


I am so grateful for those who have died for my country 
and the reminder of the One who has died for us all.




"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."
~John 15:12-13~


Despite my lack of posts lately, I am still continuing the count of the blessings in my life.  Here are some gifts that I have experienced in the past few weeks:


Anna's new addition, a puppy named Haddie



A baby shower for dear friends



An afternoon spent with these friends



Painting onesies (and laughing together about our different onesie art ideas)



The BEST baby faces... 





Mama and baby


FINDING SWEET TEA IN CHICAGO!!!!!!
(this was a HUGE deal for me...)


Macaroni + Pizza = 2 of my favorite things combined  



Classmate bonding on a $5 pizza buffet date 




The birth of Danny Jr. 
(In the picture above, he is still in Mom's belly... she is the one on the left.  This was less than 48 hours before he decided to pop into the world a little early!)


A puppy who seems interested in what I'm saying to her....

  
I hope everyone has a blessed Memorial Day!

4 comments:

Katie Marie said...

This is a day to also remember Christ, thanks for reminding me of that. Also, that puppy is ADORABLE!

kmhaskin.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Those faces! Be still my heart. So adorable :)

Jennifer said...

Love your list, Miranda, especially all those cute baby faces!

Holly said...

What a cute idea for a baby shower...I may have to use that when my sister has a baby! Thanks for visiting my blog, yours is super cute!