Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Break '11

Hello friends!  It's been a few weeks since my spring break, and I have only posted a few pictures in this post... and a few more in this post.  So I think it's about time for a longer photo journey through that week.

I was blessed to be able to go home and have a good bit of precious Rutherford family time, which included going to my very first opera.........

The Three Piggy Opera!
And guess who was Piggy #2???  And built her house with sticks??
My sweet little cousin Emily, of course!
She sang beautifully and possesses the acting skills of a pro!!! 

I couldn't help but post a couple of pictures of some other cute little piggies, too....
But this one was such a little star!
After the show, I visited with these folks...

And we went out to eat... which of course meant more photos of the little cousins...
And sometimes we take silly pictures together.....
In case you can't tell, we are a wild and crazy bunch, and we have SO much fun when we're together!

One day of the break, I went wedding dress browsing with Best Friend and her sweet mom.  I wish I could put all the lovely dress pictures up, but no-can-do!  Just trust me.  She was gorgeous in every dress.  You can see the ring, however....
But that's not Ashley's hand.... It's mine......... (She practically forced it on me, okay?  And how could I turn down the bride-to-be??? Oh, and forgive the dark polish....)  It looks even more stunning on her hand, but I couldn't put that picture on here... It showed too much of her in a dress.  But trust me on this too... It's big.  It's shiny.  And it compliments her little hand perfectly. 
Oh, and I can't forget about my lunch with the Sumrall gals at Chick-fil-a... Not only was the company grand, but we also found this little gem hanging on the wall.....
Doesn't that just make you smile???  

My week also consisted of some quality dog time with these little ones...
And of course this big little one...
This city dog LOVES the farm life!  So many good smells, weird animals, and things to explore.  Right up her alley!

One of the treats of my break was eating at Crescent City Grill... not once... but twice!!!  Ah. I love that place so so much....
If you are ever in Mississippi and are yearnin' for some good eatin', this is definitely the place.  I will take you there sometime. :)

Let's see.... what else did I do???  Well, I wanted to go to Birmingham to visit little sister and my college friends... but I didn't have enough time to visit as I had initially intended.  However, I did go to Birmingham briefly to pick up little sister for the beginning of her spring break and the end of mine... We weren't in Birmingham long enough to do much, but I briefly saw these two wonderful girls...
I love the Edwards family so very much!

Also, little sister, mom, and I may have had a little picnic at the botanical gardens before leaving.... and we may have had a photo shoot, too....


Scary.  I know.

And the day before I flew back to Chi-town, I celebrated my dear Mama's birthday.  We had a wonderful evening of celebrating the life of my amazing Mom, and we were blessed to have the Wilkinsons in tow.  All of us together means a little more silliness... as you can see below.
After trying (and failing) to play Laser Tag twice that evening, Mom, Lee Ann, and I were finally able to play late that night (third times a charm!).  I wish I had pictures... but we didn't bring our cameras because we knew we would be SO hardcore.

After that lovely day, Darcy and I boarded a plane to take us back up North to the cold, leftover blizzard snow piles, and schoolwork...  but we had such an amazing visit with family and friends.  
I am so blessed!  

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like fun! Photo shoots are the best!