Monday, February 7, 2011

Memory Monday

As my 24th birthday is fast approaching, I have been reflecting on the past year... and suffice it to say that my 23rd year has been very... unique.  It has been a year of immense growth and a lot of change, some valleys and some mountaintops, and oh-so-many blessings.  I'm not sure that I've ever had a year quite like this year, and although I would love to make bits and pieces of it disappear altogether, I know that in the process I would lose a lot of the woman that I have become and am becoming (see how I worked that word in again?).  Plus, there were some fantastic memories made despite the rough patches. 

In honor of this "unique" 23rd year, I'm going to be posting a little photo journey of the best memories of the year.  Today's photos come from my birthday weekend almost a year ago.  I was SO fortunate to have my mom and sister in Chicago with me for the weekend.  Lee Ann actually had a show choir competition in Indiana, so they flew to Chicago and we drove to the competition together.  The weekend was filled with some amazing singing and dancing, and some hardcore snow time.  (One thing I've noticed as a Southern transplant in the North is that the snow is not fully appreciated... so it was nice to have my Southern family here to enjoy it with me.)    

So... here is the very beginning of my 23rd year!


My birthday/Valentine's day breakfast!
At the show choir competition in Indiana
Pretty much a tradition.

Playing in the snow on my birthday!
The "rock-n-roll" costume



An all-around grand birthday weekend!



1 comment:

Two Shades of Pink said...

Hello Miranda! I wish I could count how many times I have come to your blog to thank you for your precious and sweet comment (about my story and everything else) and either the computer kicked me off, my girls needed something, or I just got plain scatterbrained. So THANK YOU new bloggy friend for words that uplifted me and blessed me.

Love,
Jessica