Friday, February 18, 2011

Celebration!

Last weekend was such a beautiful time of celebration and fun.  I was blessed to be able to see my biological sister and my Phi Mu sisters perform in Step Sing (a HUGE event at Samford every year).  Phi Mu's show "When Legends Come to Life" was all about video games... and it was amazing!  My girls didn't place, but they had a show worth celebrating!


Pac Man!

I spent some time with this lovely sister of mine before each show (and all weekend for that matter)...


And I was able to see many of my sweet Phi Mu sisters before the shows too!



Saturday morning, we went to the Phi Mu Step Sing brunch (Mom and Mandy were able to come for the weekend too!).



Sisters (x3)!

Sunday morning was a beautiful celebration of this girl, Miss Courtney Kelley, and her life in Christ!  What a blessing to be a witness to her baptism.  I've watched her grow in her walk with Christ over the years, and she is such a light for Him.  I can't wait to watch as God continues to use sweet Courtney and her testimony!

Sunday afternoon, Mom, Lee Ann, and I visited the Botanical Gardens... and I celebrated the fact that I was somewhere without snow... and it was warm enough to be outside!  






After the Botanical Garden adventure, we went out to eat at Jim 'N Nick's Barbeque (I love the cheese biscuits!)... but I thought we were just meeting the lovely Edwards' Family..... 

SURPRISE!!
Some of my favorite people showed up to celebrate my birthday!  





I flew back to Illinois on Monday morning with a very full heart.  I'm not sure that there is anything so wonderful as celebrating life with my friends and family!  What a weekend!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It looks like you had so much fun Miranda!!! And... I'm so jealous that you had Jim N Nicks. I love that place!

Aileen said...

Miranda, I love this post! Happy belated birthday! I so wish I could have been there to celebrate at Jim & Nick's. I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend. It's so wonderful being back in Birmingham and with Phi Mus.
ps. How do you post so many pictures and the little ones? Do you use a photo application or something?